By Harvey Gutter
COFIA has just completed a very successful winter 2014 fundraising effort.
Thanks to a loyal contributor base and the generosity of the greater Leonia community, we have exceeded our goal by over 50%.
The money raised will help us continue and, in some cases, expand our efforts to:
• Provide hot lunches and clothing
• Assist with immigration issues
• Facilitate OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) training
• Continue Wage Theft collection efforts on behalf of our workers
• Continue and expand the Workers’ Link program, connecting workers with homeowners and small businesses
• Assist with emergencies
This effort was particularly successful because costs were kept to a bare minimum with our own in-house COFIA staff handling all administrative aspects of the campaign.